Cycle mode - how do i bounce with the cycle mode on?

lewlew1912

hey! Basically Ive chopped out a bit of a song, and then to make it skip the silence bit, ive used the cycle tool to make it skip that part, so on playback it skips it yet when I bounce it it has the silence in it of like about 20 seconds.. And I dont wanna just move it across as ill have to retune it all ect again lol.

Thanks!

because i use Melodyne, I cant just easily move the vocals around, once i press "transfer", tune it thats it, If i move it afterwards, ill have to press transfer again, and then tune it again.

Ah, OK. Here's what you can do: do a Bounce-in-placeof the MeloDyne track to a new audio track, mute the MeloDyne track(s), and use the BIP audio tracks/files instead. You can use the scissors now to remove the unwanted part, without losing your original melodyne file.

To be clear: you cannot bounce whit the cycle active. If it were set to loop a part, it would create an infinite bounce and your Mac would meltdown. That is why cycle is automatically turned off when bouncing.

In the Bounce dialog you can set the start and end point of the bounce. When you have Cycle active, the dialog will automatically set the bounced range to the Cycle, but you can still alter the settings before the bounce. It is merely a 'suggestion' by the Bounce dialog...

Anyway that is irrelevant to the question here. You cannot bounce a song with a cycle skip.

He has to move it!