Which one is stronger - macbook pro or Mac Pro?

Hello.

One very simple question

which Mac is better for in my 'studio'

1) Apple Mac Pro Dual 2,66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon Intel Xeon Dual-Core 2,66 GHz 6 GB Ram 1 TB NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT with 256 MB GDDR2 SDRAM Mac OS 10.6.5 Snow Leopard. (comes from 2006 or 2007)

2) My macbook pro I already have: 2,53ghz intel core 2 duo / memory: 4GB 1067MHz DDR3

What will be connected to the mac

- interface (Apogee Ensemble or RME Fireface 800)

- Mackie Big knob

- Pair of active ADAM A5X speakers

- Pair Acoustic energy AE22 speakers, active

- 2 headphones, dr. dre and beyerdynamic

- Kurzweil KME61, used as midi-keyboard.

- 2 or 3 microphones throuhg the Ensemble probably

Projects won't be to big. about 20 software-instruments, many 3rd party, like nexus, sylenth1, massive, absynth, fabfilter

Both. The Mac Pro will be more than 1.5 times more powerful, AND you can use (up to four) internal harddisks instead of FW or USB disks. Faster and cheaper. Also the MP can hold more RAM, which can be an advantage when working with large sampler insruments or lots of flexed audio etc.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5205/5369204787_bd42b57fb3.jpg

bedankt.

So there will never be any problems when I use the Macbook Pro (got the 15 inch).

never any... I didn't even remotely say that, and I clearly favored the Mac Pro in my previous post. I think the MBP will actually struggle, you listed some "4x4" synths there that can run Logic down easily. I doubt if even the Mac Pro you listed can always manage 20 tracks loaded with those kind of synths...

ben namelijk zwaar aan het twijfelen of een laptop al die speakers en interfaces wel aan kan. heb er te weinig verstand van.

Dat gaat nog wel, hoewel de Ensemble geen "mobiele" interface is... De Mac Pro is in alle opzichten de (veel) betere keus hier.

The Mac Pro is the far better option for you here.

Archived