Setting MIDI channel for separate controllers-How?

johnyeargain

I have my keyboard set to transmit on Midi channel #12, and my (cheap OSP) drum kit is fixed to transmit on MIDI channel #10. I only use these as controllers for software instruments -- keyboard instruments are all Logic instruments, and drums are Kitcore/Drumcore.

It works fine as long as I only record one at a time. But when I arm both channels, both controllers trigger both instruments; that is, I get drum AND piano (or whatever) when I play either one.

I can work around it by unhooking MIDI from the keyboard and using it as an audio device, but occasionally I'd like to record the MIDI data for drums and keys on separate tracks, at the same time (obviously with another player).

Thanks in advance for any help; I've tried everything I can think of.

I had a feeling there was a setting somewhere. The thing about Logic is, in some of the menus, the syntax, or maybe more correctly the terminology, seems to be somewhat cryptic. Also, since most of the pop-up config windows look pretty similar, the question can be "I know I've seen that somewhere" and the answer isn't readily apparent.

Anyway, thanks again.