disappearing loops [SOLVED]

djtat91

I originally had access to all of Logic Pro's 2000 loops but when I opened a new project and tried to open the loops it said that I had to reinstall the loops. I never deleted or changed the location of the loops. Can somebody please tell me how to get the loops loaded back into Logic Pro?

• 9 months later...

This is semi-related, and a question I've wanted to ask for a long time (but was embarrassed):

Where are, for example, "Jazzy Rock Drums 01" through "Jazzy Rock Drums 07"?

Where is, for example, "70s Street Drumset 11"?

Which is to ask: why do my loops include only SOME of what someone conceived as a complete set of rhythms/changes/fills?

Not all loops are in sequence... There are 'gaps' in the library where you would think exists a missing loop or two... but it was never there in the first place.... For whatever reason, Apple seemingly decided to not include every loop they made... but leave some out and only choose (I assume) the best ones to distribute..

"70s Street Drumset 11"?

Don't have it and couldn't find it (and don't care :twisted: ).

J.

Apple Loops are not necessarily numbered incrementally. Why? You'd have to ask Apple. My guess is, some programmers give them a collection of 25 loops, and Apple picks the best 18 out of them to keep. They don't bother renumbering the loops, so you see some missing numbers.

The Jazzy Rock Drums you should have however, so see if they are on your hard drive, or use Pacifist if necessary to pull them out of your install DVDs.

I thought peeking into dmg's and such was a sort of invasive procedure, wreaking havoc on permissions, etc. The kind of thing you do, and then a month later complain about your software (or system) crashing "for no reason". Correct me if I'm spreading hysteria here...

And whaddya think of re-running installer and inverting checkboxes? Will that work?

I thought peeking into dmg's and such was a sort of invasive procedure, wreaking havoc on permissions, etc. The kind of thing you do, and then a month later complain about your software (or system) crashing "for no reason". Correct me if I'm spreading hysteria here...

If you use Pacifist all will be fine with permissions as long as you don't uncheck the “Use Administrator Privileges” box.

J.