Hello to everybody :-)

Josh83

Hey everybody

Just wanted to say hello to you folks. I'm new to the music production scene, and I haven't done anything remarkably yet. But I have played the piano as a child for some years, and I just love music, and after not playing piano for several years I have now bought an electronic yamaha piano p140 (an awesome product in my opinion, by the way! I simply love it!), connected it to my Mac and played around a while with GarageBand, and now I really feel like diving deeper into music production... So I guess in a while I will get my own copy of Logic Pro which I heard is the Grandfather of GarageBand and start playing around with it. :-)

By the way, is there a demo version or a light version or something of Logic? For just playing around and not yet knowing whether it will become a beloved hobby of mine it's a bit expensive. ;-)

I'm looking forward to have a great time with my piano, my Mac and with you folks here on the site! Let the show begin! :-)

Keep care,

Josh

Welcome Josh! Whether a professional, hobbyist or something in-between, you've come to the right place. This board is just crawling with really smart and helpful (and occasionally delightfully snarky) people who can help with almost any problem. They've saved me on countless occasions — that's for sure!

Enjoy!

Hi Josh -

To answer your question about a demo of Logic: no there is not. But, garageband is essentially the free demo of logic - the GUI is different, but the same basic principles apply. If you purchase logic, you can open your garageband projects in logic and continue right along. Logic express is a less feature rich version of logic pro. You will not get some of the cooler instruments and effects. But you can always upgrade when you feel the time is right.

Hope this helps!

• 7 months later...

Hey guys

Thanks a lot for your nice welcome. I seem not to have subscribed to this thread, so I missed your replies. ;)

I will attend to the online version of the Logic Pro course of DubSpot.com, beginning in october, and I am really looking forward to it. Finally I bought Logic Pro and some basic equipment (a MIDI controller and a MIDI keyboard, although I'm not very happy with the latter, so I am looking for a better one in this thread, maybe somebody of the readers here has something to say; and I'm also about buying good headphones in the thread here). I am really looking forward to dive into the world of electronic music production - it's something completely new for me, and I hope I will enjoy it and learn fast! :)

These forums here have already provided me with very useful knowledge, I found many topics using Google. So I guess this will become my main source for new information and help here. Thanks a lot in advance already! :)

So have a great week, guys, and read you later!

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh,

I am new member also. I guess we are having just about the same hobby, playing piano... Anyway, this is quite a cool forum to get active for. I just purchase a logic pro the other day, and still confuse how to use it properly. I browse for clue over the net, and end-up being here. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh,

I'm also new to this forum and so far, I like what I see - Very helpful. I'm seriously thinking of switching over to logic from cubase because I'm currently having serious issues with the cubase software. I'm having some real issues loading my reason software and guitar rig (Native Instruments) set ups into cubase. I understand logic runs smoothly with both of these software packages - Is this correct?

I'm looking forward to using the logic software and browing these forums.

All the best,

Blake

Hi David,

Thanks! I just don't want to run into the same problems with cubase so I appreciate the response.

One last question, one of the features I liked about cubase was the ability to integrate the Reason and Guitar Rig software all into the same session? Instead of having to switch back and forth from, lets say, guitar rig to cubase, all the features of guitar rig was integrated into the cubase software - Is this possible with logic?

Thanks again,

Blake