Score editor records when "play" is stopped

polihymnia

Is it supposed to do this? I have the track record enabled so I can hear the keyboard as I play it live while the recorded track plays. I can fart around with playing on the keyboard while the track is playing, without necessarily recording it, but when the track is stopped, the score editor records everything I play even though I have not hit the record button; i.e., can't merely fart around in score editor when play is stopped.

It doesn't do this when I hide the score editor, but I would prefer to have the score editor in view, so I can reference the notes on the sheet. Bug?

Hmm, well, if I don't record-enable the track, I can't hear myself playing on the keyboard along with the recorded track.

Here's something else you might know the answer to. How do I create a different set of staffs to show a different instrument? Say I want the first staff to be for voice, but I want a second staff for guitar, and I don't want the guitar notes on the same staff as the voice.