Problem bouncing the output channel

Tjaba

I recently started using Logic Pro and today was the first time I tried to master the mix as a whole.

When I bounce the song, the outcome is very low in volume, so I think the compressor I used in the output channel doesnt make it to the final mix.

(I suspect that none of the effects added to the individual tracks make it to the final mix either, when bouncing.)

Do I need to make a certain change to the settings? I'm a real noob to this, so I have no clue what to do.

Help would be much appreciated.

Nobody?

Hm. well, I think at least you could have put in the least of effort since yesterday, like, figuring out whether your two assumptions about compressor on the output channel and effects on individual tracks are actually true or not.

Or, since this question comes up, like, every other day, you could have tried reading or even searching the forum for the tons and tons of threads which deal with this.

Come on,

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll use it later on.

the solution is probably very simple. :)

In fact it is, but if what you state about your level of knowledge is true, then it is not simple to explain, as you wouldn't understand much of it.

Please help me out.

My sincere advice is: Use the Search of the forum, it's covered as nauseam here.

Christian

Well I guess things are really working out for you then..

So you know the answer to my problem?

You actually spent time and energy to express your smugness, when you could have helped me just as easily. Yes, my Logic Pro knowledge might be limited, but I'm not stupid.

Regarding whether my 2 assumptions are true or not, the effects were just a little reverb here and there, which makes it hard to be 100% sure if they're present in the bounced outcome. On the compressor tip, all I can say is that the volume is very low compared to what it sounds like when playing the song in the interface.

The first thing I did (after googling) was using the search engine. When using keywords like "bounce" and "output" etc A LOT of threads appear but very few handle the exact problem I'm having. It would save me a lot of time if some friendly soul could just give me a little help. I would be happy to do the same in a situation where I'm the one with the better knowledge.

when you could have helped me just as easily

I could have come over to your place and clicked a checkbox, yes. But this would imply that a) you quite possibly still wouldn't have an idea what the checkbox actually is for when it needs to be clicked anyway and b) you still didn't have any inclination to investigate what all those things you met after clicking the Bounce button actually meant, because, hey, just ask the interwebs and it will tell ya, right ?

my Logic Pro knowledge might be limited, but I'm not stupid

I didn't say that. But you appear as begging others to figure it out for you while you sit still and wait for it to happen.

Regarding whether my 2 assumptions are true or not, the effects were just a little reverb here and there, which makes it hard to be 100% sure if they're present in the bounced outcome.

Yes. The troubleshooting approach would have been to crank the reverb up to ridiculous amounts and then do a bounce. You would have known how it works immediately thereafter.

very few handle the exact problem I'm having.

Just one would have done, so, fine.

It would save me a lot of time

Again, it's not always about you, and how you get by with the least amount of effort. If you save time, it costs someone else to look it up and/or explain it to you. Why am I wasting all my time in writing this ? Maybe so you can get to your problems' solutions quicker if you do your part of the work and then ask for further specifics.

Christian

I recently started using Logic Pro and today was the first time I tried to master the mix as a whole.

When I bounce the song, the outcome is very low in volume, so I think the compressor I used in the output channel doesnt make it to the final mix.

(I suspect that none of the effects added to the individual tracks make it to the final mix either, when bouncing.)

Do I need to make a certain change to the settings? I'm a real noob to this, so I have no clue what to do.

Help would be much appreciated.

Tjaba,

Never-mind that Fuzzfilth guy, he has no compassion for the clueless.

You need to re-wprd your phrase " ... I tried to master the mix as a whole." to

" ... I tried to master the mix as a-hole."

All seriousness aside, this is common with people who have been using Logic for one day as well as many years.

You have to learn how to RECORD from the input , learn how to Mix, and learn to not even think about MASTERING until you have the first two parts under control.

Archived