Can't get multiple staffs to appear in score editor

polihymnia

Hmmm, thanks, but when I double-click next to the staff, it just shows what's already there. I want to create multiple staffs pertaining to the same measures in the song, so I can put different instruments on different sets of staffs, for example, the voice on its on set of staffs, then directly below that would be another set of staffs showing, say, a guitar line. That way the voice and guitar line would not be mixed together on the same set of staffs.

Thanks! I've read the section on score sets, and I've been able to create a second set of staffs below the first and make them disconnected, or rather make the second set of staffs relate to another midi instrument track.

I have put a treble clef on the second set of staffs. The problem is that when I drag a note into the top space, indicating the second E above middle C, the note automatically snaps up to the unrelated set of staffs above this set. It happens every time, no matter which instrument I have the second set of staffs set to.

Is this a bug? I don't see why I can't have two completely unrelated sets of treble staffs for two different instruments. I've read, and I've searched, but I don't seem to find the answer to this problem.

Thanks, I tried with the pencil tool and it still puts the note up on the first set of staffs. I notice that it also makes the first midi instrument track appear to be selected in the arrange window, even though only the second midi instrument track is record enabled.

So somehow it's ignoring the fact that the second set of staffs is for the second midi instrument. Frankly, though I thought I had set it up for that, now I'm thoroughly confused and can't remember how to do what I thought was designating the second set of staffs. I keep playing around with score sets and staff styles, and I just don't understand either of these tools.