Selecting multiple tracks in the arrange window

chillywilly

I'm not sure this one is a bug or just my lack of knowledge or a poor implementation of features, but I can't seem to select more than one TRACK in the Arrange window. I have to select the regions. This is a minor annoyance, and it's probably just the way Logic is built.

Being able to color them too would be another improvement.

You can assign colors to them (if enabled in Configure Track Header). There will only be a thin color bar at the right edge of the track, but regions recorded on this track will get the color assigned to the track.

You can assign colors to them (if enabled in Configure Track Header). There will only be a thin color bar at the right edge of the track, but regions recorded on this track will get the color assigned to the track.

Thanks for that. I have used that, but I'm talking about coloring the whole track area. Cheers!

Thanks for that. I have used that, but I'm talking about coloring the whole track area. Cheers!

Are any DAWs having this? I'd imagine it would look a bit like a VW bus from the 60s:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uqkJxLgpezs/S14E5Zxov6I/AAAAAAAADCk/NwNZrT6LMTw/s1600-h/rainbow%2Bhippie%2Bbus.jpg

Assigning-a-color-to-the-regions-of-multiple-tracks is the first reason I encountered for selecting multiple tracks. Especially useful if the track is new and therefore, doesn't have any regions to colorize yet.

(I also find it annoying that the colors for the regions are not updated when the colors for the mixer channels are set and vice-versa, but that's a separate complaint.)

Archived