where can i find the pitch bend to assign it to a controller

enitzirk

hey all. i have a terrible keyboard with a pitch bend "button". as you can imagine there is absolutely no emotion involved in pressing a button up and down to bend a pitch, i would much rather prefer to assign it to a knob on my keyboard wich can be turned. i know how to use the learn function with a synthesizer like ES2, but can't find the part that would usually be assigned to the pitch bend wheel? i can only find the pitch bend amount (how many semitones i want to bend it by)

anyone here know where i need to look for it?

edit: and is there such a thing as automation for pitch bend. or just hyperdraw? i just feel like the pencil and line functions in hyperdraw for pitch bend aren't quite what i'm after, i want to control it manually and kinda record it as it's playing.

• 1 year later...

You could use a transformer in the environment, to turn whatever data one of your buttons sends into pitch bend data. The transformer should be cabled in the MIDI Click and Ports layer, between the physical input and the sequencer input objects. It should be programmed as on the picture below. Here I've programmed it for a knob that sends MIDI CC #75 on Channel 1:

885717969_ScreenShot2012-08-22at2_26_25PM.png.42021ee87c624bfa00bf6d7303927a66.png

Here's the way I would do it:

Environment editor, under Clicks & Ports:-

Create a new Fader. (Can be any fader, but a knob is good).

Set the output to: PitchBd

Set the input number to the CC number of your hardware encoder.

Patch up your new fader between the sum of your physical input and the sequencer input.

Voila!

Set the output to: PitchBd

Set the input number to the CC number of your hardware encoder.

The problem with that approach is that your CC# becomes the LSB of your pitch bend value - meaning your synths will always be off-pitched by that amount. It's subtle, and you may or may not hear it, but they'll be off key.

The problem with that approach is that your CC# becomes the LSB of your pitch bend value - meaning your synths will always be off-pitched by that amount. It's subtle, and you may or may not hear it, but they'll be off key.

Ahhh of course yes. This is where I've been going wrong in life. :mrgreen:

Transformer is best.

Archived