Waves CLA Artist Signature Software

I have always thought of this signature series from Waves to be useless, but I happend to purchase the SLA signature plugins and I really love them. I have especially used the vocal plugin a lot. I have also used them to figure out what kind of plugins in the chains are used to get certain sounds. I think they sound really good.

Wait... are you referring to the CLA Classic Bundle? (The LA-2A, 1176 compressors) or the CLA "producer/sig" bundle? Two different things...

I have the "Classic" (compressor) bundle and it's top notch. I use them on just about every mix I do and they sound fantastic. But the Stillwell "Rocket" is pretty close to the 1176 - and very affordable. Not sure what the Stillwell equivalent of the LA-2A would be though.

I've never used the "producer/artist/sig" bundle plugs, though... I kind of like to know what-the-hell is going on instead of turning up a knob that says "roof", "Mr. Wide", "fat", or "warm".

Thanks for the information guys. I see the CLA Artist Signature plugins as a way to achieve a great sound relatively quickly. And for me, as a singer/songwriter, it makes sense. I spend most of my time composing, arranging, performing, and recording. I realize that you give up some control by using these types of plugins, but if they can achieve the desired results in a reasonable amount of time, then that's fine by me. I plan to use the demo version on a few songs and will report back here shortly with my comments. 8)