Software for Dialog Editing on a Mac?

Hi,

Does anyone know of good software for Dialog Editing on a Mac?

I have a chance to do some Dialog editing for video games through a friend of mine.

He uses Soundforge on a PC and works real fast, due to his workflow cutting the correct line, making it a region... then Soundforge can apply a preset fade in & out with a button click. Then he names and saves.

You make money per line, so speed is the game.

I guess the "one click fade in & out" is what I need to make good time.

Does Soundtrack Pro do this... or even Wavelab? or something else?

Sometimes there are 4000 lines to cut, so time saved all adds up.

Thanks

ProTools. Seriously. I do this all the time with it. If you learn a few workflows with things like the Playlist feature, you can work VERY fast. I will often do 300-400 Sound Effects at a time. Also, PT has a 'Batch Rename' feature that saves a ton of time, as well as "Export Regions As Files"

I'm sure you can do a bunch of this stuff in Logic, tho possibly not quite as simply.

My friend is a Pro Tools Wiz also (and Cubase), and he says that if he did this type of work in PT it would take him much longer.

He has a PC just to be able to use SoundForge, and said everyone he knows that does this type of fast dialog cutting uses it.

I don't want to have to get a PC just for this.

I'm sure I can find a Mac program to do it fast.

I'll ask him again why exactly he thinks PT would slow down his work in this, but I think it has to do with the double fade preset button.

Thanks

Any sophisticated sound editor ? :). Like Audiofile Engineerings Wave Editor, proabably has keyshortcuts for every command you can think of and highly customable. Though, i would see also that the Pro tools might have some tricks under it sleeve to make it even faster (especially these batch processes). I've been watching these music production videos from Groove3, they're like 3-5h/pop and starting to really like PT.