Help! Running a final mix through outboard gear?

Okay, let's just say i'm mastering, I want to run the final mix (stereo bus) through some outboard gear, like my Kush Audio Clariphonic EQ, and then back in. So from digital to analog, then back to digital. I know I need a good D/A and A/D converter, but I need to know what to patch to what, and stuff like that.

Here's what i've got going on:

-I've got a set of M-Audio BX8a speakers, they've only got an input and they're hooked up to my patch bay "B: 9/10 = BX8a L/R".

-My audio interface is the PreSonus Firestudio Project. My Main Outs are also hooked up to my patch bay "A: 11/12 = Main Outs L/R".

-I've got my general purpose outputs, theres 8 of them on my interface, and 1/2 are my Stereo Outputs. Those are hooked up to my patch bay "A: 13/4 = Stereo Outputs".

So when i'm recording i've got the inputs of my BX8a's patched to my main outs, obviously. But when i'm mastering, I want to run it through my Kush Audio Clariphonic EQ and whatever other outboard gear (all hooked up to my patch bay obviously), how do I do that?

Okay, let's just say i'm mastering, I want to run the final mix (stereo bus) through some outboard gear, like my Kush Audio Clariphonic EQ, and then back in. So from digital to analog, then back to digital. I know I need a good D/A and A/D converter, but I need to know what to patch to what, and stuff like that.

Here's what i've got going on:

-I've got a set of M-Audio BX8a speakers, they've only got an input and they're hooked up to my patch bay "B: 9/10 = BX8a L/R".

-My audio interface is the PreSonus Firestudio Project. My Main Outs are also hooked up to my patch bay "A: 11/12 = Main Outs L/R".

-I've got my general purpose outputs, theres 8 of them on my interface, and 1/2 are my Stereo Outputs. Those are hooked up to my patch bay "A: 13/4 = Stereo Outputs".

So when i'm recording i've got the inputs of my BX8a's patched to my main outs, obviously. But when i'm mastering, I want to run it through my Kush Audio Clariphonic EQ and whatever other outboard gear (all hooked up to my patch bay obviously), how do I do that?

Insert an I/O plug-in on the OUTPUT Channel.

Archived