Need to do a real time EQ system analyze w/ noise generator

I just sold my Yamaha 109M's for a close range Bose system w/ a subwoofer under my desk. This system is very portable so the room is not a constant. I understand your comments but they don't fit my situation very well. I need an equalizer whidh will take a generated sound and provide a flat response where I am sitting. I know there are many variables involved - but I would like to start out with the flattest sound I can get - at the center of my work station where my head is.

Thanx

T

Try this:

First get a measurement mic, like the Behringer ECM8000.

Make an audio channel and insert TestOsc on it. Set up a buss with no output and put the MatchEQ on it. Send the pink noise with the TestOsc into the buss and measure pink noise as your Template.

Then set up a channel to record your measurement mic pretty much in your mix position (or desired listening position). Now send the pink noise out your speakers instead of to the bus. If you have an SPL meter, play the pink noise at your optimal mix level. (I do this whole procedure with iso phones on). Set your record level to get an equivalent level in. Send the record channel to the buss with MixEQ and sample that as your "Current" setting.

See if you've gotten the setting close by playing the pink noise out the speakers with the EQ on it and measuring the response. It should be close to the pink noise straight line.

Now the Match setting will tell you how to EQ your speakers (NOT YOUR MIX) so that you hear something closer to the ideal listening environment. Remember that EQ is for your speakers, not your mix. If you have this EQ on your output, disable the EQ when you're bouncing.

I would say that if any part of your EQ curve is greater than 5dB, you have problems that this method won't help. Also it only works for a single point listening position.

Ozone is also very good for this procedure.

I'm not sure, but you could probably hijack the audio out of Logic and insert the EQ on the hijacked audio so you could listen to the mix at bouncedown.