How to change the key of a sample?

guitarguy4034

So I have a sample that I'm working with, and I want to lower the pitch. I know to use the AU Pitch insert and it works well. My problem is that when I do so, it increases or decreases the pitch at such a detailed amount that it's impossible to find the new key or note of the sample.

tl;dr Is there a way to change the key/pitch of an audio sample so that you'll know exactly what key/pitch it is when you change it, therefore allowing you to play midi instruments with the newly changed sample?

Thanks!

Not to be pedantic but the term key refers to a system of diatonic chords that follow a tonal idiom, a sample can't have a key.

If the sample is melodic or chorfal,then it has a tonality.

It is just the use of key/pitch to mean the same thing that was slightly bothersome.

Thanks everyone.

Also...

Not to be pedantic but the term key refers to a system of diatonic chords that follow a tonal idiom, a sample can't have a key.

The sample does have a key... You may be thinking I'm laying out a single sound on every note or something but I'm talking about sampling, like hip hop sampling, as in sampling a real song and chopping it up. Therefore it does relate to a system of diatonic chords with a tonal center. It's in the key of Fmaj.

Archived