Outputing Time Code from Logic

dtasm

I want Logic to be the master time code source for a video shoot .I need a Tcode

output to feed a Digislate.I have done this with Pro Tools before but never with Logic.The Unitor 8 is only capable of regenerating T-code from an input (correct me if im wrong).So what shall i do :?: Cheers all.

Find a timecode generator (doesn't have to be the Unitor). Set it to generate at the proper frame rate. Connect its output into a mono audio input on your interface, put a mono track into record, and start Logic recording. Then hit "go" on the timecode generator. Record way more than you need.

Now all you have to do is play it back from an output of your interface and voila, you're good to go!

Might want to check with the video crew to see if they want the timecode to start from any particular hour.

If you have a Unitor8, you can do this using the method ski describes. Patch the SMPTE out to an audio input. Open Unitor8 Control and set the SMPTE properties. Click Stripe and record the output. -10 is a an appropriate level for this.

THank you that has done the trick. Do you know if there is a version of Unitor 8 Softwarethat runs on INtel OS X ? That software should allow me to set the start time of code and control output levels etc.

Archived