Problems Running Logic 8

Twisted Reality

Hi

I've been having some real problems running my last few projects in Logic 8. Lot's of system overloads, crackling when playing my project. The cpu bar in the transport window often looks over loaded even when im not doing anything. It's got to the point that with my current project I can barely listen to it, which is a pain because i only need to add a few finishing touches and then im done.

Have anyone had similar issues? or can anyone recommend any solutions that might help my situation?

Im running an old G5 2.0ghz duel 2gb Ram so I appreciate it could be better. Im currently using a virus ti as my sound card too. I dont use the mac for anything else other than logic, and i am running some 3rd party plugins with my projects.....help :-(

What is your I/O buffer setting? Set it one bigger, turn ON the I/O safety buffer. I/O safety buffer gives issues with Intel Macs, but helps with PPC Macs.

What is you Process Buffer Range? Set it one step higher, to large, probably.

Both to be found here:

Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > Devices > Coreaudio

What is your I/O buffer setting? Set it one bigger, turn ON the I/O safety buffer. I/O safety buffer gives issues with Intel Macs, but helps with PPC Macs.

What is you Process Buffer Range? Set it one step higher, to large, probably.

Both to be found here:

Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > Devices > Coreaudio

Thanks I'll give it all a go and hopefully get back to working again. :-)

Archived