Another LPD8 & Logic Pro Question [SOLVED]

Seventhovex

So before I begin, I've tried the suggestions from both of these forums:

External MIDI inst. connected to Logic, but no sound?

&

How do I connect my Akai LPD8 to Pro Logic 9 ??

and I'm still having some trouble. So hopefully, all of you can help solve my problem.

In my attempts, I have accessed the Audio MIDI Setup, and scanned the LPD8. Now when I create a new external MIDI track in Logic, I see a folder labeled LPD8 in the library. However, whenever I click on any of the channels in the LPD8 folder and press the pads on the LPD8, no audio is produced. As was stated in the aforementioned forums. Logic responds to the pads being pressed in the input section and shows the notes when recorded, however no sound will be played. Additionally, when no button is being pressed, the input reverts to saying no input.

I am somewhat of a novice with MIDI controllers, my entrance into this field being very recent. So any advice or instruction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I feel like I have forgotten to mention something, yet after re-reading it I can't remember what I've left out. So if you need any additional information to help out, just let me know.

The LPD8, being a MIDI controller without any internal sounds, does not require you create an external MIDI track for it, especially if what you want to do is trigger software instruments (I'm assuming that's what you want to do).

You need to create a software instrument track and load an instrument in the channel strip's input slotThe LPD8 should trigger that instrument's sounds. The track must be selected (and record-enabled), otherwise...no sound.

J.

The LPD8, being a MIDI controller without any internal sounds, does not require you create an external MIDI track for it, especially if what you want to do is trigger software instruments (I'm assuming that's what you want to do).

You need to create a software instrument track and load an instrument in the channel strip's input slotThe LPD8 should trigger that instrument's sounds. The track must be selected (and record-enabled), otherwise...no sound.

J.

Thanks for the quick response, and yes that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Sorry for the poor explanation. Alright, so I followed your steps:

I created a new track based off a software instrument. Selected an instrument (Paris House Remix).

So now when I control click the channel, I see that the channel has been record enabled. Yet, I am still without sound. Any ideas on what I am still doing wrong? Thanks again in advance, and sorry for being so slow to realize what I am doing wrong.

Thanks again in advance, and sorry for being so slow to realize what I am doing wrong.

No worries :wink:

Do you at least see the meter on the channel strip jumping up and down when you hit a pad? Could be an audio issue...?

Another thing to check, make sure the PAD button in the LPD8 is active (not one of others...i.e CC, Prog Chng). That's the one that sends notes.

J.

Thanks again in advance, and sorry for being so slow to realize what I am doing wrong.

No worries :wink:

Do you at least see the meter on the channel strip jumping up and down when you hit a pad? Could be an audio issue...?

Another thing to check, make sure the PAD button in the LPD8 is active (not one of others...i.e CC, Prog Chng). That's the one that sends notes.

J.

The meter on the channel strip was jumping, and it was set to pad. Yet, still no sound. However, I had to quit logic when I had an afternoon class, and when opening logic again after class everything worked the way it was supposed to!!! So, I'm not sure what was wrong, but thanks for the help, because it all works now :)