Rebuilding Apple Loops index / sound library [SOLVED]

T

Ok, when I upgraded to Snow Leopard I went for an erase and install on my main drive (was getting that 20 sec beach ball delay spoke of on other post).

Kept my Apple Loops sound library on 2nd internal drive, so did not erase that.

Reinstalled Logic 9.1.3, all the latest updates, etc. fine.

Tried the recommended HD>Library>Audio & trashing the Apple Loops Index and dragging the Apple Loops folder into the Loops tab in a new session, but of course it didn't work, because Logic is not asking me to tell it where the sound library is, only telling me it can't find it.

Tried everything in this link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3443?viewlocale=en_US

but like i said above it does not give me the option to tell it where it is.

On my 2nd internal drive for the sound library there's the folder Logic 9 Media,

which has all the Apple Loops and Jam Packs. Do I drag that into the Loops window of a new session? That seems more to the point.

What to do?

• 1 month later...

Hmmm. I'm finding that some sounds are not there that I've used before.

For one session I'm getting - EXS24 instrument "Studio Heavy Kit.exs" not found.

I've searched far and wide for this and also trashed the Apple Loops Index again and dragged all of the Logic 9 audio files into the Loops window and replaced what was there to get a fresh start.

Any thoughts? Should I just reinstall the audio library?

Or do I really need to reinstall the entire Logic 9 discs from scratch?

If so, how best to do this and how best to save all my settings, etc.?

That's a EXS24 instrument file, not related to Apple Loops.

That one should be here if you customized it:

User/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments

Or here if it's default:

HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/03 Drums & Percussion/01 Acoustic Drum Kits

Ok. Didn't customize, so they should be in - HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/03 Drums & Percussion/01 Acoustic Drum Kits

...but they're not. Only Dry Standard Kit, Rock Kit, Seventies Kit and Stereo Drum Kit are there.

Also opened another session and "Indie Kit" is missing from EXS24 also.

Did I miss something in the reinstall? Thought I did the install correct, just w/o the Apple Loops.

I see that in my Sample Instruments folder there are many folders and files just missing.

Even though I put "triplets" 01 Acoustic Drum Kits in, my sessions still don't find the right files and I get the "search again" thing forever saying:

EXS24 instrument "Studio Heavy Kit.exs": Audio file "YT-BD-02-C1-01.aif" not found.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I decided to do a full reinstall because Logic still couldn't find sound files in previous sessions.

Since I have Snow Leopard the instructions say on Apple support site to just trash the app and do an reinstall. So i did.

I made a mistake part way thru because I saw that it wasn't putting the audio on my internal sample hd so I stopped the process and started the reinstall again.

All seemingly went well, but now when I go to open Logic nothing happens.

It won't open. The immediate thing that came to mind is that I exceeded my install limit on this computer. If so, what can i do?

I need this for a gig due ASAP.

Any thoughts?