VSL and Logic Pro 9

marksealey

Have just successfully installed VSL Special Edition on an external HD.

When I start Logic Pro 9 and go to Preferences > Audio Units Manager 'Vienna Instruments' shows up at the bottom of the list as 'successfully validated'.

New to this… shouldn't the instruments appear in my Library - as the Jam Packs and Garageband ones do?

What am I doing wrong?

TIA!

shouldn't the instruments appear in my Library - as the Jam Packs and Garageband ones do?

No.

You need to click and hold the input slot of the software instrument channel strip (right below where it says I/O), and navigate down the list to where it says "AU Instruments". There you'll find all 3rd party AU instruments that have been successfully validated.

J.

No, it shows which plug-in are 64bit, and which aren't. You can still use 32bit plug-ins in Logic 64bit via the AU bridge.....Do you know if VSL is 64bit yet? I don't.

One more thing, some instruments require you open Logic in 32bit mode first, so that they are properly scanned. after that you can go back to 64bit mode.

J.

J,

I might have done that - opened in 64 bit as usual, seen only one set and then reverted to 32 bit b/c i didn't understand VSL (am still finding my way around the Interface) and spotted the two sets afterwards. That's what made me wonder if there was an error.

Thanks!

Archived