There must be an easier way

Joseph Hanna

Attached is a screen shot of an acoustic guitar track. As you see I picked up a snippet of audio I played earlier in the cut and placed (pasted) it above the weaker played section.

I'd like to simply "consolidate" that region so I can copy and paste it at will. If I click anywhere in that region the paste goes away and it returns to the original cut. If I click outside the region it returns to the view of the edited take. I can find no way to make the section whole. Healed. Consolidated.

Very very lost on what should be a simple heal process.

Any thoughts??

[moderator's note:] screenshot removed --- way too wide. Please read our forum guidelines for info on maximum allowed pixel width. Thanks. Here's the link:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=29410

I can find no way to make the section whole. Healed. Consolidated.

Very very lost on what should be a simple heal process.

Any thoughts??

In Logic it's called to merge.

Look it up in your key commands window.

...wait a second, some of your regions have the word "merge" in them...so you already have done it at some point...?

J.

I can't merge. If I select (highlight) ANY part of the region to be merged, it returns to the original cut without the pasted region.

I can find no way to merge, heal, select, consolidate or even bounce to make the edited part stick, or become part of a solid continuous region.

Again selecting any part of the region returns it to the original file without the newly dropped region.

Yes I merge all the time. It's a must. Merging is NOT the problem here. Merging a region that has a pasted file in it is the problem. No matter what I do I can't select the 3 regions in the provided example to merge.

If I touch the first region of the Heide EM file it "reverts" to the original cut without the pasted region included. Nothing I've found will allow me to merge, heal, consolidate those three files provided in the attachment

Yes I merge all the time. It's a must. Merging is NOT the problem here. Merging a region that has a pasted file in it is the problem. No matter what I do I can't select the 3 regions in the provided example to merge.

If I touch the first region of the Heide EM file it "reverts" to the original cut without the pasted region included. Nothing I've found will allow me to merge, heal, consolidate those three files provided in the attachment

Works fine here, just tried it.

Lasso-select your regions and open the evnt list to check that all three are actually selected.

J.

Well yes that worked thanks!. I had to drag the region down to a less congested area of the session and lasso from above and then merge. Thank you so much!

That said it seems like a horrible convoluted process. Intuitively I want to simply select the three regions to be merged and select merge.

Try this:

When you want to copy a small region over an existing larger region make sure No Overlap is selected on the top right of the Arrange Window.

If you have Overlap selected, like you had in the picture you provided, the small region won't cut thru the bigger one and disappear when you select the latter.