Sorting the channels?

ChaosX

I am about to mix down a song for the first time in logic.

Of course there is a lot och channels, audio, Aux and bus.

Now i wonder if there are anyway to sort the channels. Like, if i have Superior Drummer on 8 Auxchannels and they have been placed anywhere in the mixerwindow. The same is fo the other aux and bus-channels.

If i would like to get it easier to mix or record or whatever... Is there anyway that i can move the place for the channels?

WHat i mean is that if i do have the 8 Superior channels ic woiuld like to have them on the cchannels 1, 2, 3...8. And if i wanted to place the guitar AUXchannels on 9 and 10, is there anyway to do this?

I hope there is a way where i can move the channels and get them in the order that i want them.

I have looked in the manual but i cant find the slution there...

Thanx!!!!

Peter

You can't move channel strips in the Mixer (directly), however, you can create arrange tracks from your Aux channels in the Mixer and then move the Aux tracks in the Arrange and the channels will move in the Mixer accordingly. In the Mixer, change the Automation menu from Off to Read on your Aux channels. Logic will automatically create tracks in the Arrange for those Aux channels and you can freely move them around.

Your other option would be to open an Environment window. Select the Mixer Layer in the Environment. You can rearrange and organize your channels in any way that you wish in the Environment then save it as a screenset.

You can't move channel strips in the Mixer (directly), however, you can create arrange tracks from your Aux channels in the Mixer and then move the Aux tracks in the Arrange and the channels will move in the Mixer accordingly. In the Mixer, change the Automation menu from Off to Read on your Aux channels. Logic will automatically create tracks in the Arrange for those Aux channels and you can freely move them around.

Your other option would be to open an Environment window. Select the Mixer Layer in the Environment. You can rearrange and organize your channels in any way that you wish in the Environment then save it as a screenset.

LOL - Double answer 1 minute apart

Archived