output can't be routed to channel 17/18, only mono channel

bjazz

Running an iMac 24 3.06gHz 4Gb Ram. OS 10.6.6 Logic 9.1.3. External HDs for projects. Allen-Heath ZED R16 analogue/digital board via FW.

I recorded a concert of our quartet (i.e. 13 audio tracks, no synths, no midi) in December. Upon opening the project and ready to mixdown, I had NO output to Ch 17/18 (the default channels with the ZED R16). I tried EVERY ROUTING/RE-ROUTING possible that I could think of... then yesterday -- by chance, I chose a MONO routing of one of the tracks and --YES, I have output. WHY???

This appears to be a Logic-driven scenario -- anyone have clues why this occurred? Am I missing something really obvious here? This has never happened before.

Thanks everyone.

Brian

Hi David,

Output 17/18 was available on the output menu. But I cannot get any of the individual tracks to route to 17/18.... UNTIL, I manually chose a "mono" output channel 17 or 18 in the output menu for each inidividual track. Then I can successfully route output from every track, 1 through 13, to 17 or 18.

AND, the output appears in a stereo ch 17/18 track/fader in the project. Kinda strange, eh?

When I choose ch 17/18, the track appears in the mixer environment, but no output occurs... no audio feed... for some reason the tracks do not route automatically to ch 17/18, even when the output field of each track is set that way.

Archived