resizing mixer window in logic pro 9

joenj07087

Hi everyone, I would like to resize the Mixer window in Logic when it appears at the bottom of the arrange window, even though I seem to be able to resized the Piano Roll ,sample editor, Hyper editor and score editor windows as high as I want them>

the mixer window seems to have a fixed size when not used as a floating window, is this correct?. or is there something I should be setting so I can stretch the Mixer window as high towards the Arrange window as I want and seem to be able to do with the other windows?

It works here but sometimes it can be finicky. Usually works as expected, hover the pointer over the border (red boxed area) of the window and you get the up/down adjustment indicator then click hold and drag. Sometimes it needs a click to get it to work.

I tried, but it doesn't work for me, I will have to accept it, but it is definitely buggy...shame.. let me ask you this..is there a way to "expand" the Logic Pro program to full screen?..I notice mine doesn't expand all the way down, I can see the Dock..I guess it has to do with my screen Display resolution is at 2560x1440 on my imac......these are not that important..but these tiny details do help with workflow...and that is why I was trying to change them a bit...thanks for the help!

by the way i come from windows PC with Vista....so I'm new to all this Mac things: )

It's not buggy, and there's no reason you should accept it. Resizing the Mixer should work just fine. Do you see the resize tool as displayed on my pic? Keep in mind that once the full height of the channel strips is displayed, you cannot make your Mixer any taller.

If you want a full screen Arrange window, close your dock (Option-Command-D), then maximize the window (click the third button in the window's title bar).

07-002.png.2ce77bed5221fce0ecb56eb876a3f45e.png

Display resolution is at 2560x1440 on my imac......these are not that important..but these tiny details do help with workflow...

Is your screen a 27" by any chance?

You won't be able to get the mixer to show any more than you can see in Scott's picture, all you need to see is the full channel strip & no more & this is reflected by the amount the window can move. Try Scotts technique to reduce the size, does that work?