Changing Audio File Name In Bin Does Not Change In Folder?

Staleyolk

Alright I ran into a mess and am a tad bit overwhelmed. My usual workflow is as follows: after recording my guitar takes, and after I bounce my midi to audio I usually rename all the files by first converting them to new audio files and then naming them all in a system that works for me. EX: "Guitar Riff A Variation 1" or "Sawtooth Filter Mod Melody A Variation 2" and so on. I would delete the old audio files with illogical names and be happy. No unnecessary files on my hard drive and ease and comfort dragging files between projects. ahhhhhh life is good. Yet this last week or so I 've been working on one particular project and was doing a lot of experimenting/composing and not wanting to disrupt my creative flow too much. I starting re-naming audio files in the bin by just double clicking them. Worked great I thought. Not only did the audio files name change instantly but so did the audio region duplicates with a .1 "or" .2 and so on following it's name. Then after I thought my project was in order I went to my audio files folder for that project and it seems as though all the files I renamed in the bin did not rename the files in the folder!! My god what a mess. I can't believe my organization has backfired on me and I obviously do not want to lose any files by accidentally deleting them. Any advice?

yah i understand, The top name is the actual audio file on you hardrive the names below are just regions in the arrange window made up of that audio file. I got this mess sorted out now but I was pretty overwhelmed for a bit. :shock: Oh... and once you change the name of audio file in the bin it will show up in the folder under the new name and the old file with the old name will remain there as well.