Super-annoying Re-authorization issue

Rampus

Hi all,

I just recently switched from PC to mac, and at the same time I bought Logic Studio.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem: A lot of the times when I start Logic, I have to re-enter the serial number. What's up with that?

At first, I thought it might be because I had installed some 3rd party plugins, but it's not. It seems totally random. Sometimes Logic just starts - other times I have to re-authorize. Is there a way around this?

Thanks for the help!

Being a former computer programmer though, I can't wondering why this would actually help. Does anybody have an explanation for why this would help? And why the problem occurs in the first place? Is it a common problem?

those preference files could have become corrupted, not able to properly store your authorization

it's a very rare occurrence

you're trouble-shooting

Being a former computer programmer though, I can't wondering why this would actually help.

The 'logic' behind this is that those two files (or one of them) might have become corrupted in some manner so by removing them, you are forcing Logic to create new ones which hopefully will fix the issue.

It happens from time to time that preference files get corrupted. This particular issue (Unable to correctly store serial numbers) is fairly rare but not unheard of.

I have been lucky enough not to have this particular issue with Logic but I have had to remove plist files (Preferences) for other programs when weird problems have occurred so the program I am having issues with, can create a new set of preferences that can sometimes cure any errant behavior.

Another possibility is that there is a permissions issue with the application support folder. Check both of them, system and user's. If there is there may be a small red icon (minus sign?) attached to the folder. You can also check the folder by doing a Get Info (Command-I) and changing the permissions from the resulting window. Make sure that the admin has read & write enabled. If there is no admin for that folder, create one with the plus sign at bottom.

Sometimes this kind of permission problem can be created during installs when another program is putting things in that folder. I don't know exactly what triggers it.

If this is not the problem, I'd go with the previous advice above.

I just got a Mac and Logic Pro 9 and mine has been doing this too.....I don't re-enter the number though....Just close it out and relaunch the program.....

For me, that only works some of the times. Other times, it just won't launch without re-entering the serial.

But I'm glad to see I'm not alone :-)