Quicktime GM in logic > Doesn't show up

thecokebadger

I'm working on a project and I've been trying to import midi files but they do not sound the way they do when previewed from the finder. After doing some searching around, I know I have to add the Quicktime Device to the Environment page, but when I try to do so, the "New>Internal" menu option is no there. What's more weird is on my Macbook Pro, it is there. My setup:

Mac Pro 2.66 Quad

10GB Ram

Logic 9.1.3

Digi 002

JV-1080 (although this is not setup yet, as I'm having trouble figuring it out, question to follow in another topic post)

879094480_Screenshot2011-02-16at6_50_20PM.thumb.png.2eec2ba7d896546d3168cbc36b817fad.png

I have the same issue that there is no Environment>New>Internal>Quicktime choice like the manual says.

The manual indicates that

"The QuickTime system extension offers a software-based GM sound generator. The QuickTime Musical Instruments file must be present on your system."

I looked in my System>Library>Quicktime>Contents and this file is not there.

This might be a dumb question but is the Quicktime Player a different file to 'QuickTime Musical Instrument' . Do I need Quicktime Pro?

Cheers

Thanks for the tip.

My system has two Quicktime players - 7.6.6 in Utilities and 10.0 in Apps.

But I am not clear yet - is one of these meant to be Quicktime Pro?

And why are none showing up in Logic 9

Open the quicktime system preference. There you can see if quicktime is pro or not:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5054/5484866635_c2b31bfd88_b.jpg

j.