Preamp connection question

Hi!

I am thinking of getting a high end preamp for my setup (maybe a Neve or UAD, I have not decided yet). I am using two different interfaces, an Apogee Ensemble and a Focusrite liquid Saffire 56, dependign on where I am. I would like to connect this preamp to both of them. What is the best way to connect the preamp without getting a colorization from the interface? I don't think it's possible to bypass the preamps of the interfaces completely especially on the Focusrite if connected to the line inputs? Is it possible to get a AD converter with ADAT lightpipe which will do fine and does not cost more than the preamp itself? Thanks for answers!

Yeah, but it is some sort of amplification there to raise the level to "line level"? Doesn't it color the signal, or maybe it's just insignificant? I don't know too much about these things unfortunately...

Thanks for yout reply!

Well it does go through the converter of your unit, but other than that it's pretty much "colorless". Just make sure you choose the right input level (+4, -10) depending on what machine you will buy.

I was under the impression that Line Level inputs were just that.....already at line level. Therefor no amplification is needed because the signal you are bringing in is already at "line level" ie. it is already amplified. This is the intention of line level inputs on many devices.