Removing Stocks Sounds from the logic CD

shinobibeatz1234

Removing the synth presets and plugin settings files will save you so little space it's completely pointless. The files are tiny.

The only thing that will save space is to start removing instrument samples, apple loops, ultrabeat sample kits and impulse response files.

You can find the preset stuff in /Library/Application Support/Logic, the Apple Loops in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/, and the impulse responses in /Library/Audio/Impulse Responses/

Yes, but those Impulse response files are used for space designer, which is a reverb plug in. Don't get rid of these unless you are not planning to use space designer.

Sure - I was just saying that those are things that make a space difference, so the OP can choose whether he wants them or not.

Personally, I'd keep it all. I paid for it, and it's useful content, so... ;)

• 7 months later...
The Arturia synths are just one flavor of synths. Every synth has its own personality, and you never know if you might find one of the Logic synth sounds to be exactly the right one at some point. Or maybe even layer Arturia and Logic synths. Anyway, I agree that removing the files is kinda pointless because they take up so little room.