Breaking Down Pop Rock baby

evanbrass

Kick A$$!!! Nice tune!! Harmonies are spot on, and the drums sound great!

Couple of thoughts, your drummer has a great vibe for the song, but the intro drum riff just kind of lays there and then the track slowly picks up in energy. You may want to look at a more aggressive riff to get the listeners attention right off the bat. Also there is a kind of cool keyboard-ish type sound at the beginning of the second verse, and again half way through. You could do a couple more simple hits during the verse to set it aside from the first.

I'm finding myself still singing the song in my head, and to me, that's a great sign!!

Scott A.

Top notch. This would fit in on the radio right now.

One thing... my ear wanted something a little higher in the chorus, the verse does an exceptional job of building up to the chorus, but there's not enough payoff IMO.

Also, the solo is just a wee bit out of place IMO, make it sound a little brighter or happier.

Fantastic work! caught in my head.

Loved it! Great poppyness action with a crunchy outside!

The producer in me might want a little variation in instrumental sound/variety between hook and main verse, but I agree with above posts as far as the "radio ready" sound. Good work!

(Though, as an afterthought, there was a fairly drastic lack of accordion on this. I suspect this was due to your constrained budget? :P :lol: )

Thanks Everyone!

Awesome man! Care to share with us a little about how you did the tracking and mix. What did you use to record the drums mainly? They sound really good. I'd like to get that type of sound.

To do the drums, our drummer recorded the song on his V-Drums at his place (we all live in apartments so we can't track real drums easily). Then he sent me the midi file. I flew midi into the session and put Addictive drums on the track (which I like a lot) Then I bounced it all down as audio. My buddy who mixed this sound replaced the drums with his real Drum kit. I Think they sound pretty good for all being chopped up and edited and originally played on a midi kit.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Everyone!

Awesome man! Care to share with us a little about how you did the tracking and mix. What did you use to record the drums mainly? They sound really good. I'd like to get that type of sound.

To do the drums, our drummer recorded the song on his V-Drums at his place (we all live in apartments so we can't track real drums easily). Then he sent me the midi file. I flew midi into the session and put Addictive drums on the track (which I like a lot) Then I bounced it all down as audio. My buddy who mixed this sound replaced the drums with his real Drum kit. I Think they sound pretty good for all being chopped up and edited and originally played on a midi kit.

Hey thanks for sharing the detailed information with us. Yea, the drums sound great for all that was done to them. To me they just sound really good no matter what. Clean, crisp and punchy. BTW, great tune. Cheers