How to create Sub Bass for House/Tech House

Right guys I give in, I have been trying for two weeks to create a track with a similar bass to the tune below and I'm finding it impossible. Time to ask the experts :wink:

First of all, here is a sample of a bass I would like to produce. Obviously I don't want to copy it entirely but would love to be able to make something simlar but add my own twist.

Swerve - Mash Up

http://soundcloud.com/swervelive/swerve-the-mash-up-preview

Here's what I am using:

Logic Pro 9 with Sylenth 1. I have taken a Deep Sub preset and modified it. It has 1 Sine wave in Osc 1 -1 Oct +7st's. For the Amp Envelope I've raised the attack and release slightly to remove the click Sustain almost all the way up with half decay. Tuned in small amount of overdrive, Bass and Bass Freq all the way up on the EQ, compressor set with fast attack and release at 200. I also have filter A set with some drive and res and set the cutoff down low and modulate the cutoff with mod env a. I also have LFO 1 set to modulate the Pitch.

I can upload the preset if needs be :)

On the Aux strip I have a high pass filter cutting everything off from 40hz/18db, a compressor sidchained to the kick. Part of the is signal sent to a distortion unit and then the whole sound sent to two aux channels, one with a high pass filter (EQ) and chorus and the other, a low pass filter set to mono.

Here is a link to what I created, not quite the sound I was looking for.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fwjf8

Any help at all appreciated. Also I have tried using ES2 and Albino. The problem is, I don't understand whether to get that effect you need to mix in tom tones with a sub and subby kick to get the effect or if you rely solely on the Sub.