Arrange Window Scroll Issue

Ace Baker

I have one song where the every time I stop the transport, the display jumps to some other part of the song, instead of keeping the playhead in view. This happens whether it is scrolling or not.

It's really frustrating, I need to be zoomed in to edit automation and flex time data. The playhead stays where it's supposed to, but the view jumps to earlier in the song.

I've restarted the computer, that's didn't help.

You drop all the audio files and stuff into a new project.

I.E. Close your current project. Go to File > New Project... Empty Project.

Then either open finder or hit import, traverse the directories for your old project folder, highlight either all of the contents (except the project file) or just the audio files you need, and drag and drop them into your brand spanking new project folder.

Bam.

You drop all the audio files and stuff into a new project.

I.E. Close your current project. Go to File > New Project... Empty Project.

Then either open finder or hit import, traverse the directories for your old project folder, highlight either all of the contents (except the project file) or just the audio files you need, and drag and drop them into your brand spanking new project folder.

Bam.

I did this, and BAM, nothing happened. My new song arrange window has nothing in it.

I can drag drop the audio files, but the new song does not know where to place them.

Please don't pretend to know something you don't know, I don't appreciate it.

From the manual:

Do one of the following:

Choose File > Project Settings > Import Project Settings (or use the corresponding key command, default assignment: Option-Command-I).

Click the Settings button in the Arrange toolbar, then choose Import Project Settings.

Click the Browser tab in the Media area.

Navigate to, and select, the required project file.

Note: If navigating in the Browser tab, you can use the Quick Look feature to preview the selected project file. For details, see Previewing Projects with Quick Look.

Click the Import button.

Note: If accessing the settings from the Browser tab, you also need to click the Import Project Settings button, which appears after you click the Import button.

In the Import Settings window, select the settings you want to import by selecting the relevant checkboxes.

Click the Import button.

The settings are imported into the active project.

I did this, all 3 different ways. Nothing new appears in my arrange window in the new song. No audio files, no instruments, no automation, no anything.

I did this, and BAM, nothing happened. My new song arrange window has nothing in it.

I can drag drop the audio files, but the new song does not know where to place them.

Please don't pretend to know something you don't know, I don't appreciate it.

Whoa, whoa. Wasn't trying to be a smart ass, Ace. The steps I outlined are literally the steps I'd take to do what was being suggested.

If you're having issues with the objects lining up (because you, say, have a snippet that only goes from measure 6 to measure 9, instead of starting at measure 1 and going to the end of the song) you may need to add silence by dragging out the ends of every track so that they start at the beginning of the song.

THEN drag and drop the files into a new project.

Let me know if that helps.

...bam.

EDIT:

The reason that importing the files doesn't put them in your Arrange window is because it only adds them to your new (current) project's media library (or the Audio Files folder in your project's directory).

So, you'd still have to drop them in, physically, from the media list (hit the B key to bring this up and find the directory with the newly imported audio files.)

This will require either:

A) writing down the start locations of every track

or

B) Doing what I described above and adding silence so that every track starts at the beginning of the project.

So "Make Stems" would have been step 1 in the Black Veil method. OK. That will work for audio, assuming I'm willing to commit to my comps, which I'm not. I'm still editing lead vocals, among other things. I guess I could make stems out of every take of every instrument, what a huge pain, but if there's no way to import audio files to the correct place on the timeline, then I guess that's what I have to do. Good grief.

Now I need to figure out audio instruments.

I'm willing to pay $100/hour for someone to come to my studio and import this song into an Empty Song. I'm in Los Angeles, Sherman Oaks, Sepulveda Pass area. Or name your price. If it really is possible, it will be money well spent for me to learn how to do it.

Please contact me via email.

acebaker1234 [at] yahoo [dot] com.

I'm willing to pay $100/hour for someone to come to my studio and import this song into an Empty Song. I'm in Los Angeles, Sherman Oaks, Sepulveda Pass area. Or name your price. If it really is possible, it will be money well spent for me to learn how to do it.

Please contact me via email.

acebaker1234 [at] yahoo [dot] com.

I'll help you out. I sent you an email.