Text Labels: Concert Level vs Patch Level

treeboxterry

My question is this. Is there a way to enter text labels customized at Patch level?

I'm including a screen grab of a portion of my interface that shows what represents some of my Axiom 49's buttons and sliders.

On my keyboard - I control different Channel strips and their content within different patches. So I've labeled the strips that remain the same throughout a set at concert level. My modified screen grab shows an arrow pointing to an example of Concert level text labels.

I also show an arrow pointing to one of the two sliders in this patch that I want to label with an appropriate text label that's relevant for this patch only. What's there is the default Channel Strip/value text (unreadably small).

To clarify - I don't have any problem with the mapping or assigning hardware... just can't find a way to do this simple labeling.

Does anybody have an answer for what I think is probably a simple thing to do. I'm missing something.

http://www.treebox.net/samples/MS_TextExample.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi

I'm not absolutely sure I understand your problem, but I think this might help??

Create a Parameter Text object in Layout mode, set to display 'Parameter' and with an optional Hardware Label.

At Patch/Set level, select the Parameter object and select "Replace Parameter Label" in the Screen Control Inspector.

CCT

Patch.jpg.5e11a48c604aa80d84868eef85fa2398.jpg

Hi

I'm not absolutely sure I understand your problem, but I think this might help??

Create a Parameter Text object in Layout mode, set to display 'Parameter' and with an optional Hardware Label.

At Patch/Set level, select the Parameter object and select "Replace Parameter Label" in the Screen Control Inspector.

CCT

Actually - I tried a variation on your suggestion that does work. It's a workaround, and it would be good if Apple (I sent feedback) would implement a more direct way of just placing text objects at Patch level that are not linked to anything.

What I did was create the parameter Text object in Layout mode set to display "parameter" ... but with no Hardware label. Then in Patch mode, I had to assign the Text object a mapping (I used the channel strip volume). Then in the attributes tab, I used your suggestion of "Replace Parameter Text" and replaced the text with the name of my channel strip... i.e. 'Vox2'.

This gives me what I wanted. Thanks for getting me on the right track.

Archived