nanoKontrol

JustJack

Im having trouble using a nanoKontrol with logic pro 7 .... when i start logic i get it says " can not load module nanoKontrol " and for some reason its not even turning up in the setup .... Any ideas ? im a bit new to this so go easy on me ...thanks

when i start logic i get it says " can not load module nanoKontrol "

Is that a Logic alert? Or does that appear in the Logic splash start-page? Or where?

and for some reason its not even turning up in the setup .... Any ideas ?

Usually this indicates a driver problem. The NanoKontrol has a driver that is automatically loaded when you first connect it to your computer - did you see the driver being installed?

No just tried it and i still get the msg when i open logic , Could not load module , nanokontrol ,

You are sure you deleted the control surfaces file with Logic closed, then restarted Logic?

Because it's that pref file that contains the references to the third party nanokontrol module - without it, Logic should not be looking for that module.

Yes .. It does just like you said it would , logic replaces it . but still no luck . if the worst comes to the worst . I was thinking mabey if i remove logic from my mac and reinstalling it and see what happens .... No matter what i do i always get that same msg ..

Temporarily remove your control surface preference file. Logic will build a new one when it runs.

/Users/*you*/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Does this solve the issue?

I've just reread that you are using Logic 7. In which case, that's not the correct pref file - iirc Logic 7 keeps the pref files in a Logic subfolder in the prefs folder - /Users/*you*/Library/Preferences/Logic/ rather than the prefs directory itself - so try moving the files in there to the desktop, then running Logic.

You said you did move the pref files but did not mention that the file was not where I said it was or that you did something other than what I suggested, so I'm not sure what you did or didn't do - and the result you got indicate to me that you didn't do this properly, because if you had, I'm pretty sure it would have solved your problem.

Remove the pref files in that Logic folder (back them up, move them to the desktop, whatever), then run Logic.

Do you still get the same error now?

sorry for that my fault ..... I just did what you said tho and im still getting the same error .....

Hmm...

In your control surfaces setup window, what devices are displayed? Given that you've trashed your cs prefs, it *should* be empty, yes..?

Also, in the finder, right click on your Logic application and select Show Package Contents, then navigate into "MIDI Device Plug-Ins" - is there anything in there mentioning "nanoKontrol"? (There shouldn't be).

You can also try installing the nanoKontrol module and seeing if that fixes it:

http://www.korg.co.uk/products/software_controllers/nano/sc_nano.asp#GarageBandPlugIn

In the control surfaces setup window all i have is an icon of the computer and nothing eles ... And your right in the MIDI Device Plug-Ins like you said nothing ,,, Ok i will give that a go and see what happens ... It is a strange one going by most of the info i have read on the net i shouldent be getting that problem but for some odd reason i am lol...

ok well the kontroler works . all the sliders and knobs do the same thing tho , so im guessing i will have to assign them , There is no icon in setup for the kontroler tho and i still get the same msg " no nanokontroler module found " when i first start logic7 .. but so far must have done something right for it to be working :)