Logic Bass Static (All Au Plugins)

Inertia

Hey there, people. I'm glad theres a nice place on the net, I can visit when I am struggling.

I have a problem with my bass, I'll try to explain as much as I can.

Problem

All of the basses I record from any AU plugin, or even de ES1 and ESM have static, and I mean this annoying static that ruins everything. This would be any producers nightmare.

Have tried everything, even replacing a new hard drive.

So let's say the sound interface is dysfunctional.

If I buy a USB R.M.E Babyface (Sound Card)

Will this problem be solved?

http://images.thomann.de/pics/prod/246879.jpg

I see this as my best option, Mac supposably says you have to replace the whole motherboard, or get a new Macbook, but I think getting a USB Sound Card would do the job. (I hope)

I really wish some Audio Engineer or expert would help me out deciding what to do.

I'd really appreciate the help.

Yup tried all that, tried latency stuff, etc, etc. So, if I get that R.M.E sound card, would the old interface still have anything to do with he new interface?

(Since the sound card on Macbooks is onboard, not independent)

Or would it replace completely how the audio works?

Like I said yeah I am using Mac built in Audio. And I already did try everything... will you just let me know if I buy my high quality sound card, it will remplace how currently the audio works? (interface)

Or do I really have to replace the whole motherboard or buy a new mac, to get nice audio?

Like I said yeah I am using Mac built in Audio. And I already did try everything... will you just let me know if I buy my high quality sound card, it will remplace how currently the audio works? (interface)

Or do I really have to replace the whole motherboard or buy a new mac, to get nice audio?

It should work the way you expect, but it's less convenient than replacing the motherboard because you have to keep it plugged in to use sound. Also, there's a chance it might not work at all if there's something deeper wrong with your computer that prevents USB from working properly.

If all you're looking for is an external USB sound interface to replace broken onboard sound, I would try something cheaper and more portable, like the Griffin iMic (about US$25-30).

I hope this works, or else I am gonna be stuck with a nice sound card, and that audio problem. But it should replace the interface.

Before I make that final decision I am going to be starting up the Hardware test... I think this should give me an error if there is something more deeper than the onboard sound or sound interface.

Let's just hope, because I have a lot of work to do, and this problem keeps me from doing it.

http://soundcloud.com/rickydav/audio-problem-loud-static

Note :

(This click is not random, I am clicking stop and play, and this is what generates this)

Is this normal?

Now I feel sort of confused, i recorded an almost full song, and it sounds normal , I am clicking around it expecting that pop, and I hear nothing... maybe I shouldnt worry about it then, if it doesnt affect my output?

Its on my signature:

Macbook 5.1, 2.4GHz Intel core 2 duo, 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.7

Yes again, all plugins, all basses. On speakers, headphones, and laptop.

I have read many topics on this syndrome, but I never see anybody mention that something has worked for them...

In my case I think the new sound interface I'll be adding on to the Mac, will do the job... I wish I would have a concrete answer :roll: