Two guitars, performance more visuals?

Adam D

Two performers, one computer, one apogee duet. I'm in channel 1, he's in channel 2. For sake of argument, we both play guitars. Love those big concert templates with all those different patches to play with... but they are just for one instrument. Sooooo, I add a new channel strip, specify the input is from channel 2, and he's in. We tweak out his channel strip so that it's exactly what he wants, but HIS pedal board is not visible in that particular scene. So he can't turn his fuz on and off like I can with my foot controller. (midi mapped... because his pedals aren't visible.

So, is there a way to make TWO pedal boards show up? Guess I'm not really sure how to make the pretty layout all customized and work for two people.

Any ideas? Actually, If I could have it my way, I'd like two guitars, two keyboards, a couple of loopers, and to be able to run a backing rack that is triggered by our foot switch... all in the same place, all at the same time.

I can do that here in Mainstage, right? I don't need ableton do I ?

Thank you!

You can add in LAYOUT mode ...

check it for example my personal template that I'm using for 3 keyboards instead of one....

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=69703

You just need to spend some time to learn the layout interface in mainstage,

and then in Edit mode assign to each controller the midi device that is connected to...

So, I can drag on different stomp boxes from the guitar pedalboard, and assign them to different IN channels, etc??? That is so cool. I loved seeing your set up. Made me realize that the possibilities are endless!