Tuning drums in Ultrabeat

Hey, guys

was wondering... Whenever I want to make beats I load up a lot of different samples in the exs24 and record while I trigger the samples with my keyboard. Now, recently I've been reading that the pros tune their kickdrums to the songs key so that it will sound better. Now does this go for like all the drumkit sounds like highhats, congas, claps, snares etc!????? I notice that my beats sometimes aren't there and I'm suspecting that this may be the problem :P

Now another question, how can I tune these sounds that I've already recorded on different tracks? I know that you can do this in ultrabeat when you load samples into it, but is there any other way, and do anybody now a lot about this..!?

Norstad.

There really are no rules to this stuff. Tuning your kick to the key of your song certainly can make a difference in some cases, but I don't think it's always necessary. If your groove works without tuning, then great. If it doesn't maybe try it and see if it will make a difference. Same goes for other parts of the kit.

In case you want to tune a part already recorded as audio, you can use the pitch shifter plugin. Use the 'Drums' algorithm and set the mix to 100% wet.

Hope that helps.

Norstad.

There really are no rules to this stuff. Tuning your kick to the key of your song certainly can make a difference in some cases, but I don't think it's always necessary. If your groove works without tuning, then great. If it doesn't maybe try it and see if it will make a difference. Same goes for other parts of the kit.

In case you want to tune a part already recorded as audio, you can use the pitch shifter plugin. Use the 'Drums' algorithm and set the mix to 100% wet.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, appreciate it! :D