Playback interruptions, Gets louder, Stops after few secs

ayskura

I got a problem happening sometimes often in playback:

When i hit play the song starts then it interrupts and goes back few bar before sometimes getting louder and stopping after few seconds.

it's quite annoying actually.

it's on logic 9.1.3 with SL 10.6.6

looks to me as a buffer problem/ hard drive reading.

each time a song start even if there is only 1 mono track and no plugins the HD meter goes to maximum for a second then back to normal.

specs are MacBook pro C2D 2.33 with 3GB ram...

What can it be? anyone else with same problem?

I use Logic Pro (9) on a MacBook. While editing a track for mix (in-the-box), I started to hear audio discrepancies: some track's output "invades" another track. What happens is:

- EITHER the audio of a track plays the content of another track (ex.: bass on track #3 is silent, instead I hear the cello, both on its original track #4 and on the bass track #3; they act independently from each other, i.e. i can mute or solo either of them)

- OR the audio of a track is not heard. (meaning probably that the paired track is not in the arrangement)

This happens for many different track numbers, although #3 and #4 are quite recurrent, and it seems that most of the paired tracks are adjacent.

Also, there is a lot of disruption on the fades of many tracks, including tracks which are not affected by the pairing. Instead of crossfading normally, I hear bits of other instruments' fades.

All this happened out of the blue, literally from one minute to another, therefore something must have gone very wrong, due to a fault, or a very silly command from me (but i can’t recall any of such alien moves)

My strong suspect is that it’s probably linked to some plugins I’ve installed onto Logic, which have corrupted the software. Could that be? mind you, I’ve installed them a month ago, and this has only been happening since last week.

Thanks to whoever will shed light onto this mystery.

Yes universal disc mode is on.

Yes I'm playing from internal hard drive and has about 3GB free.

But this is how I always worked from logic 4(!) til now...

I can't work from external hard drive (I have one which gets very hot and already once he broke me the HDD). I prefer to work on the internal...

But why this happen?

Yes I'm playing from internal hard drive and has about 3GB free.

But this is how I always worked from logic 4(!) til now...

I can't work from external hard drive (I have one which gets very hot and already once he broke me the HDD). I prefer to work on the internal...

But why this happen?

You gonna have the computer crash on you if you don't free up that internal drive.

You need at least 20% free space on your hard drive for it to run smoothly.

Get an external FW800 drive from www.macsales.com