White flash when I slash = can't split at Playhead? [SOLVED]

young_marley

I just reinstalled Logic, and typically "split regions at playhead" is assigned to the slash key command, "\"

For some reason, when I try to split regions now, the screen flashes white for a moment, and nothing happens. I get the same result when I try to manually assign the slash to "split regions at playhead" in the Key Commands dialog.

?

I just reinstalled Logic, and typically "split regions at playhead" is assigned to the slash key command, ""

For some reason, when I try to split regions now, the screen flashes white for a moment, and nothing happens.

The screen flashes because Logic does not recognize the key command you are using.

I get the same result when I try to manually assign the slash to "split regions at playhead" in the Key Commands dialog.

How are you trying to assign the command? Does your Key Commands window look like this? The assignment works fine for me.

keycommands.png.6993088163c9199500d6f2366371ec74.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to reassign it using the Key Commands dialog in Preferences, just as you described. Currently "Split Regions/Events by Playhead Position" is unassigned. I click "Learn New Assignment," press the slash key on my computer's keyboard, and I get the same result - a white flash with a generic error sound.

My slash key works fine with regular text input. Look: \\\\\\ :)

Any other leads?

So, I fixed it by clicking "Learn by Key Label" before clicking "Learn New Assignment."

You do not need to click "Learn New Assignment", just "Learn by Key Label" or "Learn by Key Position" depending on which function you prefer.

I'm not even sure what "Learn by Key Label" means but it fixed my issue.

Read:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=8%26section=4%26tasks=true

532696162_Assignkeycommands.thumb.png.9246beb4c2854fa01c6f0b8539e8696c.png