Logic 9 midi data to control TD6

adigga

I'm terrible at using midi. I have a midi track that I want to use to send out to a TD6 and trigger the TD6 sounds and send back the analogue sounds to Logic. I have the midi cable hooped up to the TD6 and can record the midi data sent from the TD6; however, I can't seem to get the TD6 to recognize the midi data when I play back the midi track. Can some one provide a simple anser for a simple mind? Thanks.

Firstly you need to make sure you are able to send midi back into your device (something needs to be plugged into the MIDI IN of your hardware device, USB will also be fine)

Secondly, you need to make sure your computer can SEE the hardware device, go to APPLICATIONS>UTILITIES>AUDIO MIDI SETUP, you basically need to show how your device is connected. (you may need to create a new device) SO, if it is connected via midi cables connect the ins and outs to the corresponding ones on your interface/midi interface (if its usb connected it should already be recognized providing you have installed the drivers)

Thirdly, in logic create an EXTERNAL MIDI track, select the track and you should see a list of hardware/virtual hardware devices, choose the TD6 and then when you input midi data into the EXTERNAL MIDI track it will be sent out to the TD6, obviously then you will need to re route the "AUDIO" from the TD6 back into logic via an AUDIO TRACK, you should INPUT ENABLE the track as well just to make sure.

Rob