How to swap places of Aux tracks in Mixer window ?

Logicno8

I often mess up my Aux tracks order in Mixer window and I'd like them to swap places. Is there any way to do this ? Since I can't do this in Mixer I've tried having them in Arrange window repositioned but once I delete them (because I don't want them in arrange window) they come back to messed up order as they were originally in Mixer.

Can I do this ?

Thanks.

I often mess up my Aux tracks order in Mixer window and I'd like them to swap places. Is there any way to do this ? Since I can't do this in Mixer I've tried having them in Arrange window repositioned but once I delete them (because I don't want them in arrange window) they come back to messed up order as they were originally in Mixer.

That is normal behavior. If you delete or even hide the Aux track from the Arrange, the order will revert in the Mixer.

The only way to do what you want is to either leave the Aux tracks in the Arrange or you can customize the Mixer Layer of the Environment any way you want.

That is normal behavior. If you delete or even hide the Aux track from the Arrange, the order will revert in the Mixer.

The only way to do what you want is to either leave the Aux tracks in the Arrange or you can customize the Mixer Layer of the Environment any way you want.

Ok, thanks Scott. But what do you mean by customizing Mixer Layer ? I can go to the Environment but replacing their order there still won't make that happen in Mixer window. I can see "Create Layer" option but what If I decide in the middle of the session that I want to re arrange their order, can I do that ?

Ok, thanks Scott. But what do you mean by customizing Mixer Layer ? I can go to the Environment but replacing their order there still won't make that happen in Mixer window.

You're welcome!

You customize the Mixer Layer of the Environment. This will not change the order of the channel strips in the Mixer. Basically, you would use the Environment Mixer Layer for mixing instead of the Mixer.

I can see "Create Layer" option but what If I decide in the middle of the session that I want to re arrange their order, can I do that ?

You can move any/all channel strips freely in the Environment. Click/hold and drag on the bottom of the channel strips where the name is or Shift/Click/hold and drag anywhere on the CS.

Ok, thanks Scott. But what do you mean by customizing Mixer Layer ? I can go to the Environment but replacing their order there still won't make that happen in Mixer window.

You're welcome!

You customize the Mixer Layer of the Environment. This will not change the order of the channel strips in the Mixer. Basically, you would use the Environment Mixer Layer for mixing instead of the Mixer.

I can see "Create Layer" option but what If I decide in the middle of the session that I want to re arrange their order, can I do that ?

You can move any/all channel strips freely in the Environment. Click/hold and drag on the bottom of the channel strips where the name is or Shift/Click/hold and drag anywhere on the CS.

Oh well, what a hell I guess I'll just think twice before just adding this Aux tracks :) I'm used to mix in Mixing window mainly so I need that incorporated in my workflow but it is nice to know that I can do that in environment as well.

Thanks again Scott.