ipad wireless midi keyboard apps

After fooling around with the Garage Band App, I was impressed with how intuitive the touch screen was for certain midi tools like drum pads and control interface so I started looking around for an app that would let me interface with Logic like this since the Garage Band app cannot.

I tried out a few (there are many) but could not really get any to work properly. Most were not even recognized by Logic. OSCtouch at least connected but I could not map anything so i could not set up a midi drum pad. It looks possible since it networks but it looks like too much trouble in terms of downloading 3rd party software (a demo for a paid software) and templates etc.

Anyone able to get one of these wireless midi controller apps to work? Can you let me know which one and how you managed it?

After fooling around with the Garage Band App, I was impressed with how intuitive the touch screen was for certain midi tools like drum pads and control interface so I started looking around for an app that would let me interface with Logic like this since the Garage Band app cannot.

I tried out a few (there are many) but could not really get any to work properly. Most were not even recognized by Logic. OSCtouch at least connected but I could not map anything so i could not set up a midi drum pad. It looks possible since it networks but it looks like too much trouble in terms of downloading 3rd party software (a demo for a paid software) and templates etc.

Anyone able to get one of these wireless midi controller apps to work? Can you let me know which one and how you managed it?

it seems, if i am correct, that you need an extra program to translate the OSC to midi; for mac, it seems to be OSCulator

i will also be trying to get this going, over the coming weeks, as i'd like to use my ipod touch and xbox 360 controller as xy controllers etc

start here

http://www.osculator.net/doc/tutorial:2:a

http://www.osculator.net/doc/tutorial:2:a