Upgrade recording quality on a tight budget

Hi friends, i will be recording some percussions and vocals soon and already recording synths

I'm have some clicks, bursts and AC hum and poor recording quality with mics

I'm currentrly using this setup:

-Mic or Synth->

-Yamaha mg 12/4 ->

-Novation X-station line in ->usb

-Macbook pro Logic

I need an audio interface whitch can make me trashing the yamaha mixer and the audio part of the X-station

The problem is to find one that allows me to do the same things that i do with mixer possibly without a computer connected and with buttons or pots intstead of mouse

(Channel mute/switching/levels/cues/etc)

for 400€

Jonny

The problem is to find one that allows me to do the same things that i do with mixer possibly without a computer connected and with buttons or pots intstead of mouse

(Channel mute/switching/levels/cues/etc)

for 400€

That's going to be a problem. I don't know of any piece of gear that does that for that price, and if there was one it would probably not be of better quality than what you already have.

If you really want to upgrade your quality, get an Apogee Duet and turn off the AC while recording. You can do all your channel mute/switching/levels/cues/etc in Logic.

Thx David, the Duet is actually a valuable option;the SOLO seems another good option,the only thing that stuck me is the 1/8" only output

I was looking to this A&H mixer with included audio interfrace

http://www.allen-heath.com/zed/zed12fx

It seems to be a good replacement for the Yamaha, altough i'm not sure about how USB interface works

has anyone used it before?

The AC hum i'm getting is actually in the upper highs (12-14>khz), like when you turn on an old cathodic monitor,the whole building is very old as power implant.

I got only 2 power sockets here and i've tried to plug the mixer in one and the other stuff in the other but no results, of course i unplug the computer AC while recording

There is also a little channel bleeding if i keep the monitoring channels around 0/-6

Whit a new interface and using only balanced connections can I get rid of this?

thx friends