Advanced Quantization.

JAVLE14

Hello :)

I have a question about the parameter box that has the quantization settings . I've tried to look up in the manual more information on these but Im afraid I need a simpler explanation. I produce house music around the 122bpm range. Im looking to have a real funk/disco type groove. Now i have copied groove templates and used MPC grooves as well but I would like to learn how to groove my track myself. I want to know what all the "Q" functions do. I tried applying the Q-swing but it only seems to work if i have a groove template selected, not when its in "Off" mode. I use the delay and that helps alot, is that ok to use? I would appreciate the help and I thank you for your time. Cheers.

I want to know what all the "Q" functions do.

That's what the manual details (see CCT's link). Which one do you not understand, or what is it exactly that you don't understand in the manual's explanation?

I tried applying the Q-swing but it only seems to work if i have a groove template selected, not when its in "Off" mode.

That's correct. Advanced quantization parameters do not have any effect when the Quantization is off - that's to be expected.

I use the delay and that helps alot, is that ok to use?

If it helps a lot, why not?