how many drum loops in logic 9 media library?

charlierokit

hi there,

if anyone has a chance, can you please open logic 9, click on Media-Loops-All drums, and tell me how many drums you have.

can you also please click 'kits', and tell me how many kit loops you have.

i think i am missing some, just want to check with someone else running the same program.

also, is it possible to load 3rd party loops in logic 9's media library?

if so, can you recommend which ones are good, and where to find them?

many thanks

also, is it possible to load 3rd party loops in logic 9's media library?

if so, can you recommend which ones are good, and where to find them?

Yes, you can buy 3rd party libraries & just drag & drop the Apple Loops Folder into the loop browser - that is how I have a different number of drum loops than Scott. It would depend what sort of music you were making as to which ones you would deem as being good, what if I directed you to some drum & bass loops but you were only interested in death metal…

484962152_Screenshot2011-04-14at17_13_17.thumb.png.7d53fb69a0de0d0f6ace88789c78b64d.png

76591223_Screenshot2011-04-14at17_12_56.thumb.png.3b511066c5678e412bf8642cb5899ec0.png

thanks guys.pictures and all :)

i have the following (no 3rd party installed, and fresh install of logic, not an upgrade) :

drums: 3964

kits: 1719

i had to drag the caf. files from the jam pack folders on a separate drive where they were custom installed, as Logic Media Library only had 800 odd drums in after instillation was completed.

by dragging the caf. files into the media library from the jam pack folders on the separate drive, i created the file path for logic to read the files.

are there other places i should be looking for drum files on my computer that logic has possibly not read? ie, garageband files?

another question regarding this:

in the Media library section, when i click on garageband, there are very few files in the folders, should there not be more?

when i click on shared garageband settings, there are a lot more in those folders.

would you mind checking and seeing if the same applies for you?

scott, i think like me, you might be missing some loops too.

did you install over 8 on your computer, or did you install 9 on a drive which never had a previous version of logic on before?

ruari, good point on me being vague. i am looking for good sounding drums, ie kit drums, of all types that can play through apple loops, free ones would be great, but i imagine free ones won't sound that great.

i have bfd, do u know if that has loops which can be played through logic,. i haven't played around with it yet.

many thanks for your responses and uploads.

• 2 weeks later...