Copy Region to selected track?

JT3_Jon

I just discovered the "Move region to selected track" which is AWESOME!!

Is there a "copy region to selected track" key command? This would save some time copying regions to other tracks, especially if they are far away in your arrange page.

Thanks!

yeah, but the "move to selected track" is SO much easier, as it automatically moves it to the correct spot!

Instead of "move to select track" you could also cut and paste too, but those you use "move to selected track" know how much easier this is!

A real shame there is no "copy to selected track." :(

yeah, but the "move to selected track" is SO much easier, as it automatically moves it to the correct spot!

It's not that much more effort.

Select the track you want to copy the region(s) to, set the playhead where you want the regions to paste, select the region(s), press Command+C follow by Command+V. It's basically just one extra key press.

Not quite, because "move to selected tracks" does not need you to have your SPL in the exact position of the region you're moving.

Also, your point asks the question, if its so easy to do it without this key command, why have a "move to selected track" key command?

Also, your point asks the question, if its so easy to do it without this key command, why have a "move to selected track" key command?

Because Move is different than Copy.

But your method works the same with CUT instead of copy, no? So again, why have a "move" command? Ultimately it doesn't really matter, just seems weird to defend "move to selected track" but not want a "copy to selected track" command. What would be even cooler is if they not only made a "copy to selected track" command, but a "copy to selected track(s)" so you could have one part selected and with one key command swipe copy it to multiple tracks in one go!

BTW, the paste at original position is a GREAT key command! Thanks for reminding me jordito!

So again, why have a "move" command? Ultimately it doesn't really matter, just seems weird to defend "move to selected track" but not want a "copy to selected track" command.

I'm not "defending" anything. I replied to your thread to try and help you out. Apparently you didn't like my reply. Jordito gave you a very good alternative. If you're looking for an argument there are places you can go for that....but it will cost you.