clicks/pops on beginning/end of audio...

rekloos

anybody has this issue of samples popping and clicking at the end or/and the beginning ? if u drop a sample from the library for example it almost always does that, and it takes some curving of the fade in/out the get rid of it. i'd use the same sample in ableton for example and it doesn't do that.

i'm running the last version of logic pro 8 on a mbp c2d, 4gb ram, osx 10.6.7

Any 3rd party compressors going on those tracks?

Or does it happen on an empty track with no plugins?

i've checked this in the past and altough i didn't get rid of all the plugs i did turn the off in the mixer section and still had the problem.

i'll do some more testing tonite to be sure....

Open the sample in the sample editor and zoom in really close on the region start/end, see if the waveform starts and ends on a zero crossing?

it should be fine, these are sample packs i've bought.....regardless, why would the same sound file be fine in other apps and not in logic?

i'll do some more testing tonite and see what results i get- i haven't really had time to put the problem under a microscope eventhough it's been an issue for as far as i remember but i have some extra time now and i can pay attention to what's going on.

it should be fine, these are sample packs i've bought.....regardless, why would the same sound file be fine in other apps and not in logic?

I don't know, maybe the other apps automatically apply a fade in/out at the start/end of all audio clips?

i have some extra time now and i can pay attention to what's going on.

Looking at the audio region's waveform start/end in the sample editor should take you a few seconds for each region. Let us know what you find out!

it seems to be an issue with looping??

i'm including a folder with a logic project and

also included in this folder is a aif file with a recording of the audio

in the logic project, in loop mode, to give you an idea of what it sounds

like when it pops.

maybe somebody can test this on their system and see if the same

issues appear.

popLoop Test.zip