Channel strip meters not displaying activity properly

ruari

I've been getting a problem when using my Access Virus, if I put it in multi out mode the meters in Logics mixer channel strips don't display correctly.

For example, I route the patches so I've got two coming through the main outs, 2 coming through aux 1 & another 2 through aux 2. If the mixer is in Arrange view then the main outs show nothing but the 2 aux channels function correctly, if I switch to All or Single view then the main channel meter comes to life.

The sound is not affected I can still hear everything I just can't see any activity in the meter.

I've reported this to Access & one of the guys there has suggested that this is a problem with Logic as the plug-in would have no influence over the meters display & seeing as I can hear sound then the Virus is working as it should. This does make sense but seeing as I've never experienced this behaviour with anything else I was inclined to think that it was a problem with the TI.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this with other multi out plug-ins?

I've seen this too recently (9.1.3 and 9.1.4) - audio was going through the channel, but the meters were dead. Plugins on that channel still worked, level meter plugins showed level as expected, and the output meters showed level, but the channel meter itself was completely inactive.

Only way I could find to fix it was to import everything into a new, fresh template, and the channel worked again.

Seems to be related to project corruption, as other things were flunky in this project too (eg automation).

I've seen this too recently (9.1.3 and 9.1.4)

Thanks beej, so it's not related to the Virus then. It's a bit weird that I've only seen this on tracks that use the Virus but there we go, I hope it gets resolved if we get any future Logic point updates.

I've seen this too recently (9.1.3 and 9.1.4) - audio was going through the channel, but the meters were dead. Plugins on that channel still worked, level meter plugins showed level as expected, and the output meters showed level, but the channel meter itself was completely inactive.

I've been getting this too in 9.1.3. However, it fixes itself (here) after clicking channels back and forth. Weird.

J.