Can I use my Logic Pro instruments with any other software?

Fiver

Greetings all, Logic Pro N00b here, looking for pearls of advice and wisdom from those that know better.

The situation is this: I've bought Logic Pro and have used it several times to mix together a few MIDI tracks or put together a soundtrack for a student film. I love the wide range of instruments that I can make use of when they're hooked up to my MIDI keyboard.

However, recently I've been practicing with a jam band, and have picked up a nice second keyboard for gigs and such. The trouble is that I want access to all those lovely software instruments in Logic. A few times now I've brought along my desktop to gigs, strictly to use Logic's MIDI instruments (pumped out either via my soundcard or just headphone-to-amp), but this is quickly getting tiresome. I'd love to invest in a tiny piece of hardware (a netbook?) that I can bring along to gigs and still have a wild selection of MIDI instruments at my disposal.

Yes, yes, I know that I could spring for a MacBook Air... but I was hoping for a solution that would cost less than $1000, especially since I'll be using it ONLY for jam sessions.

Any advice? If I got a Linux or Windows netbook, would it be possible to somehow import Logic's MIDI instruments to one of their MIDI applications? Or am I looking for a different kind of hardware altogether?

Thanks a million, geniuses.