(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

A simultaneous release with the new Mac Pro is the most plausible scenario I've come across so far. If I were an Apple marketing music guy, I would even package them, with some 'bonus' 3rd party plugins thrown in...

That doesn't make much sense to me - they've never done it before, and the Mac Pro seems most targeted at video guys doing 4K and FCPX etc (not that they won't also be useful for audio pros of course.)

yeah to me it is more a video edit machine than a music production tool.....I dont need 2 videocards just to render an arrangement and mixer...And for games....well theres a PC for that in the livingroom...A OSX box will never do for that.

I think there will be not alot of sales of the new macpro line except for ppl doing gfx stuff on it.

7 terraflops is a nice paper stat, but as long as logic does not support multithreading, it is all marketing BS to me...or at least alot of power that I cant utilise IRL with Logic....

If logic doesnt catch up soon with the others (cubase/studio one) it will be become/feel very dated soon.

in my experience, here in NY...most studios i've been in use macs, and...they're mac pros. so this is a logical update for any studio that's ready for a new mac. everyone uses pro tools; but i have a couple of studios to work in that also have logic 9. am sure music peeps will migrate to the new pro...

I heard that Beta is due out mid August!

Is that founded?

-----------

Hmmm! It seems to be founded after all...

Really?

I'd love that...

But again, we are in "rumours" realm here, as long as it did not concretized... :?

Although the source could definitely not be divulged, it seemed credible enough to be mentioned here...

And I understand the ranty frustration expressed it arises...